Saturday 17 June 2017

Engineer attempts world record for fastest 108 rounds of surya namaskar


Dear Editor,


Engineer attempts world record for the fastest 108 rounds of Surya Namaskar

 

Chennai, 16th June 2017: An aircraft maintenance engineer with KLM Airlines, V Jayakumar from Chennai will attempt to set a world record by doing 108 rounds of Surya Namaskar in less than 15 minutes on the 18th of June as part of the Art of Living's "Sun Never Sets on Yoga" worldwide campaign. He's set to perform the feat at Elliots Beach in Chennai where he will be joined by officials from the Limca Book of Records.

 

From being a victim of back ache and knee pains to being the fastest in the world at doing 108 rounds of Surya Namaskar, Jayakumar has come a long way! "My erratic work schedule, constant travelling and irregular sleeping habits gave me several life-style related problems at a young age. I suffered from severe body pains due to obesity. Knee pains and back aches began tormenting me by the time I hit my 30s," he laments, adding that the turning point came when he took up the Art of Living's Sri Sri Yoga.

 

During one of his Yoga classes, he managed to finish 108 rounds and 30 pushups in under 30 minutes. He's been consistently practising for the last 108 days and is confident of setting a new record. The current record stands at 19 minutes and his timing is already under 15 minutes.

 

"I experienced a wonderful sense of calm descend on me. My aches and pains went away, my body listens to me, my mind is serene and I have more energy than ever before," says Jayakumar about the way Yoga changed his life. He has since done a certificate course in Yoga and is a teacher with the Art of Living, helping many others find joy and peace from the practice.

 

Around 200 people will be joining him at Elliots Beach (near Cozee restaurant) on the 18th for the "Sun never sets on Yoga" campaign that will see yoga enthusiasts from all over the world gather at a popular landmark in their city and welcome the rising sun with Surya Namaskar.

Beginning at 5:30 AM, the event will feature a session of the Government of India's Common Yoga Protocol followed by Surya Namaskar and a guided meditation, apart from Jayakumar's world record attempt.

 

I am sure you will want to carry this in your publication and broadcast this Live.

For more details and media enquiries, call Rajalakshmi at 98840 17767

Regards,

Media Team

No comments:

Post a Comment