Sunday 18 June 2017

PR- Limca Book of Record for fastest set of 108 Sun salutations

Dear Editor,


Chennai Yoga exponent V Jayakumar successfully bid for the fastest 108 rounds of Surya Namaskars (Sun Salutations) this morning, June18th in Chennai. His phenomenal feat has been recorded and certified by gazetted officers and Yoga teachers and submitted to the Limca Book of Records. He completed the 108 rounds in 12.49 minutes beating the earlier record by several minutes (earlier record was 19 minutes).


I am sure you will like to carry this in your publication.



Chennai, 18th June 2017: An aircraft maintenance engineer with KLM Airlines, V Jayakumar from Chennai successfully made a bid for a world record by doing 108 rounds of Surya Namaskar in 12.49 minutes on this morning, as part of the Art of Living's "Sun Never Sets on Yoga" worldwide campaign. He performed the feat at Elliots Beach and has submitted the details to Limca Book of Records.

 

From being a victim of back ache and knee pains to being the fastest in the world at doing 108 rounds of Surya Namaskar, Jayakumar has come a long way! "My erratic work schedule, constant travelling and irregular sleeping habits gave me several life-style related problems at a young age. I suffered from severe body pains due to obesity. Knee pains and back aches began tormenting me by the time I hit my 30s," he laments, adding that the turning point came when he took up the Art of Living's Sri Sri Yoga.

 

During one of his Yoga classes, he managed to finish 108 rounds and 30 pushups in under 30 minutes. He's been consistently practising for the last 108 days. "I experienced a wonderful sense of calm descend on me. My aches and pains went away, my body listens to me, my mind is serene and I have more energy than ever before," says Jayakumar about the way Yoga changed his life. He has since done a certificate course in Yoga and is a teacher with the Art of Living, helping many others find joy and peace from the practice.

 

Around 400 people joined him at Elliots Beach today for the "Sun never sets on Yoga" campaign that will saw yoga enthusiasts from all over the world gather at a popular landmark in their city and welcome the rising sun with Surya Namaskar. Beginning at 5:45 AM, the event featured a session of the Government of India's Common Yoga Protocol followed and a guided meditation, apart from Jayakumar's world record challenge.

 



Warm regards,

Rajalakshmi 

98840 17767



No comments:

Post a Comment